Vice President, Events & Experiences
Founded in 2015, Civilized is a premium media and lifestyle brand that embraces and highlights modern cannabis culture, reflecting the millions of motivated, productive adults who choose to enjoy cannabis as part of a balanced lifestyle. Civilized entertains, informs and engages a North American-wide audience with insightful editorial, in- depth interviews, pop culture updates, trending news and entertainment coverage. We are growing quickly with the help of top talent, investors and board members from Vanity Fair, Details Magazine, Playboy Enterprises and Live Nation.
To help fuel growth, Civilized is now seeking a Vice President, Events & Experiences.
The VP, Events & Experiences will be responsible to lead the development and execution of consumer events and experiences of all shapes and sizes, along with a suite of B2B-style events that will together further activate the Civilized brand, grow a loyal fan base and help fulfill our monetization strategy – in North America and eventually around the world.
When we host events, we aim to blow the doors off. The big picture matters, as does every fine detail of the experience. We believe that is where the magic lives.
As such, our VP, Events & Experiences is a seasoned leader in the consumer event space, an exceptional strategist and obsessive about every aspect of execution. You have experience surrounding yourself with strong teams, from employees, partners and vendors to sponsors and talent. You have an enviable contacts list, as a result.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of the events and experiences strategy for Civilized, including Key Performance Indicators, collaborating with the CMO, Chief Content Officer, BD team and other colleagues to help ensure integration with other business objectives
- Leading the development and production of both B2C and B2B events, with the help of your team, colleagues and partners / vendors
- Delivering an exceptional event experience to Civilized guests each and every time we host, at every touchpoint within the customer journey, paying close attention to the small (but important) details
- Building and leading the events and experiences team within Civilized
- Leading the development and management of a divisional budget and specific event budgets, and leaning on your team and colleagues to deliver against revenue, expense and profit targets
- Leveraging research, technology and data to support all aspects of the events and experience division, as appropriate
- Negotiating and leading the management of contracts with partners, vendors and talent
- Generally supporting the growth of the Civilized brand and the vision of the Publisher
- Protecting and growing the Civilized culture, as an organization that is fun, authentic, hard-working, collaborative and unwavering in its mission to highlight and embrace modern cannabis culture in a socially responsible manner
What You bring to the table:
- A post-secondary degree in business (marketing), communications, public relations or equivalent
- 10 years’ senior experience leading the development and execution of an overarching event strategy for a predominantly B2C brand
- A track record developing and producing successful B2C events, both large and small, accounting for all touchpoints in the customer journey
- Experience managing a full event P&L, working with others to help deliver revenue, manage expenses and return profit
- Experience leveraging technology to improve the customer experience, and data to inform strategy and execution
- Experience negotiating and managing contracts with sponsors, partners, vendors and talent
- Track record building and leading high-performing event teams that meet and exceed performance targets
- Creativity and resourcefulness, with a knack for delighting and surprising event participants
- High attention to detail, maintaining an ability to think – and deliver against – the big picture
- A highly collaborative style, with a keen ability to influence and build on the ideas of others
- An ability to contribute to the Civilized culture and enhance overall enterprise value
- The ability to travel, when needed
- Experience developing and delivering B2C events within other highly regulated industries an asset
- Knowledge of the cannabis industry an asset
- Experience developing and delivering B2B events an asset
In addition to a terrific team of people and supportive structure, Civilized offers a great compensation package.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by Friday, August 3, 2018.