Social Media Specialist
Venice, CA or Saint John, NB
Civilized is a premium media and lifestyle brand that embraces and highlights modern cannabis culture, reflecting the millions of adults who choose to enjoy cannabis as part of a balanced lifestyle. Civilized entertains, informs and engages a North American-wide audience with insightful editorial, in-depth interviews, pop culture updates, trending news and entertainment coverage. We are growing quickly with the help of top talent, investors and board members from Vanity Fair, Details Magazine, Playboy Enterprises and Live Nation.
Civilized is looking for 2 innovative and sagacious Social Media Specialists to join our team. As the ideal candidate you will have the unique understanding of how all social media channels work and how to optimize content. You have the key to achieving superior customer engagement and intimacy, traffic and revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap.
There are 2 postions avalaible for Social Media Specialist. These roles can be based in our Saint John, New Brunswick office or our Venice, California office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content for each community and platform ( respond to questions, get reviews and organize chats and Q&A sessions)
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports on web traffic and ROI
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments (marketing, sales, content etc) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate activations
What you bring to the table:
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, New Media or related field
- 5+ years experience working in social media marketing or as digital media strategist or specialist
- Ability to identify target audience preferences and build aligned content
- Cohesive thinking while managing multiple tasks, deadlines etc
- Familiarity with web design and publishing
- Passion for digital media and reaching new audiences
In addition to a terrific team of people and supportive structure, Civilized offers a great compensation package.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]d.life.