Civilized is a leading media and lifestyle brand that embraces and highlights modern cannabis culture, reflecting the millions of adults who choose to enjoy cannabis as part of a balanced lifestyle but don’t define themselves by it. Civilized entertains, informs and engages a North American-wide audience with insightful editorial, in-depth interviews, pop culture updates, trending news and entertainment coverage. We are growing quickly with the help of top talent, investors and board members from Vanity Fair, Details Magazine, Playboy Enterprises and Live Nation.
Civilized is on the hunt for a goal focused Publicist who understands how to tap into trends and opportunities that drive coverage. Ideally, you’re a natural influencer with the right mix of media relations, story-telling and moxie. This role demands an energy for quickly reading situations and adapting creatively. You understand the news and pop culture, and can quickly identify ways that Civilized fits in.
This role will be based in our Venice, California office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create and execute publicity strategies and plans
- Grow and cultivate relationships with key influencers and media
- Build collaborative relationships within our offices in Canada and the US
- Provide insight as to what’s newsworthy in our business as well as what’s next
- Craft narratives that build our brand and resonate with our readers and our stakeholders
- Create and maintain targeted lists, secure relevant media coverage and interviews
- Assist with speech writing, media alerts, biographies, newsletters and blogs
- Conduct competitive benchmarking and analyze campaign/program, service/event effectiveness
- Participate in account activities including special events, media events, social media, desk-side briefings, program implementation
- Monitor program plans and budgets and provide regular status updates to client and executive team
What you bring to the table:
- Degree or diploma in Journalism or Public Relations
- 8+ years experience working in public relations with a focus on media relations
- Sharp proactive thinking with a can-do approach and attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work collaboratively with the Civilized team
- Outside-the-box thinking to create ideas, stories and experiences that are uniquely “us”
- Solutions focused mindset
- Passion for reaching new audiences and always going the extra mile
- Sense of humor…duh.
In addition to a terrific team of people and supportive structure, Civilized offers a great compensation package.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].