Civilized is a premium media and lifestyle brand that embraces and highlights modern cannabis culture, reflecting the millions of motivated, productive adults who choose to enjoy cannabis as part of a balanced lifestyle. Civilized entertains, informs and engages a North American-wide audience with insightful editorial, in-depth interviews, pop culture updates, trending news and entertainment coverage. We are growing quickly with the help of top talent, investors and board members from Vanity Fair, Details Magazine, Playboy Enterprises and Live Nation.
As a result of this rapid growth, Civilized is now seeking an Office Administrator to join our team. The ideal candidate is someone that will thrive in a fast-paced environment and can wear a lot of hats. This role is based out of our Venice, California office and will work closely with our head office team in Saint John, New Brunswick and our sales office in Toronto, Ontario.
Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety. The following responsibilities include, but are not limited to, answering phones, scheduling meetings and appointments, maintaining office supplies, greeting visitors and providing general administrative support to our senior staff. This position will be working closely with the senior leadership group and helping to improve company procedures and day-to-day operation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Keeping the office clean
- Running errands (e.g. mailing packages, picking up catering)
- Shopping (e.g. supplies, office equipment, etc.)
- Scheduling meetings, appointments, lunches etc.
- Organizing the office layout and ordering stationery and equipment
- Maintaining the office condition and arranging necessary repairs
- Organizing office operations and procedures
- Coordinating with IT vendors on all office equipment
- Providing general support to visitors
- Assisting in the onboarding process for new hires
- Addressing employee queries regarding office management issues
- Liaising with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services
- Planning in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and meetings
- Helping with travel arrangements and itinerary management as needed
What you bring to the table:
- Experience as an office administrator, coordinator, or executive assistant
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook, in particular
- Experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines, copiers, and printers)
- Familiarity with cloud software like Dropbox and Google Drive
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvement
In addition to a terrific team of people and supportive structure, Civilized offers a great compensation package.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by May 1, 2018.