Civilized is a premium media and lifestyle brand that embraces and highlights modern cannabis culture, reflecting the millions of adults who choose to enjoy cannabis as part of a balanced lifestyle. Civilized entertains, informs and engages a North American-wide audience with insightful editorial, in-depth interviews, pop culture updates, trending news and entertainment coverage. We are growing quickly with the help of top talent, investors and board members from Vanity Fair, Details Magazine, Playboy Enterprises and Live Nation.
As a result of this rapid growth, Civilized is now looking for two Marketing Managers who will be responsible for anticipating needs, identifying trends, delivering campaigns and ultimately being responsible for all marketing activities at Civilized.
These crucial roles will be based out of both our Venice, California office as well as our headquarters in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada.
The Marketing Manager plays a crucial role in the strategic and creative direction of the organization. The successful applicant will be highly motivated and have a deeply creative perspective.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage corporate wide initiatives to review and update all customer facing materials to align with brand guidelines
- Lead the development of all product related marketing and customer facing materials and ensure timely delivery of all materials
- Drive the creative development from brief to execution while ensuring all brand guidelines are met
- Provide product level support and subject matter expertise in the areas of market rules, regulation compliance, business process and campaign design
- Analyze communication strategies, measure results and provide recommendations
- Work closely with the senior management to develop customer segmentation, response forecasts, execution timelines and approach
- Develop and maintain all project-related documentation like business cases, project plans, meeting minutes, issue logs, and tasks lists
- Perform project evaluation, communicate project status and provide timely escalation of issues to ensure project objectives are met
- Work with subject matter experts in gathering and documenting accurate project requirements
- Analyze stakeholder needs, identify gaps, identify risks and define capabilities for an acceptable solution to business problems
- Facilitate and coordinate project meetings, lead change management and communication
- Demonstrate effective planning and stakeholder management, including the ability to set and manage realistic project timelines
What you'll bring:
- Three+ years of experience in marketing or creative project management - ideally agency experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience in marketing collateral creation
- Ability to track, analyze, and present data
- Proven project management skills
- Previous experience with creative review and critique – copy and art direction – as well as brief writing, and program development
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and tight deadlines
- Effective at managing multiple projects and tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure
- Proven ability to document business requirements, from initial phase to final implementation
In addition to a terrific team of people and supportive structure, Civilized offers a great compensation package.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].