Manager, Marketing Communications
Saint John, NB or Venice, CA
Civilized is a premium media and lifestyle brand that embraces and highlights modern cannabis culture, reflecting the millions of motivated, productive adults who choose to enjoy cannabis as part of a balanced lifestyle. Civilized entertains, informs and engages a North American-wide audience with insightful editorial, in-depth interviews, pop culture updates, trending news and entertainment coverage. We are growing quickly with the help of top talent, investors and board members from Vanity Fair, Details Magazine, Playboy Enterprises and Live Nation.
As a result of this rapid growth, Civilized is looking to find two to three Marketing Communications Managers. We are seeking marketing pros to assist with the company's external marketing, brand and communications strategy. These positions would be responsible for managing external communications and would report to the Director of Communications and/or Senior Director of Brand Management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Writing and editing a variety of pieces, including communications to sponsors, partners, internal staff, blogs, brand, digital and media relations
- Drafting and editing high-quality written communication materials for external use, e.g. news articles, press releases, and announcements
- Designing fresh methods for delivering branded messages
- Working with Director of Communications to prepare or revise public relations or publicity collateral
- Working with the strategic partnerships team to develop sales material for presentations and other communications
- Assisting with the scheduling and management of other marketing communication needs, including social media, media relations, client interaction, internal communications, events, website copy, etc.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or public relations required
- At least four years of marketing, brand or media relations experience with a communications, public relations or marketing agency
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- A commitment to producing exceptional work products with strong attention to detail (writing samples will be requested)
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Strength in time and project management, including multi-tasking, goal-setting, and workload prioritization
- Ability to work under tight deadline pressure while remaining calm and at ease with media and colleagues
- Positively represent Civilized at events
- Take initiative on projects and act as team player
- Strong, proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and influencer platforms such as Cision, Meltwater, Sysomos and other comparable solutions
- Savvy in social media
In addition to a terrific team of people and supportive structure, Civilized offers a great compensation package.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by May 1, 2018 .