Civilized is a leading lifestyle brand that connects millions of cannabis consumers, influencers and the canna-curious with both niche and mainstream content, events and experiences, and fashion. Civilized entertains, informs and engages a North American-wide audience with insightful editorial, in-depth interviews, pop culture updates, trending news and entertainment coverage. We are growing quickly with the help of top talent, investors and board members from Vanity Fair, Details Magazine, Playboy Enterprises and Live Nation.
Civilized is looking for a smart and funky Finance Coordinator interested in joining our Saint John team.
As Finance Coordinator, you’re someone who loves to dig into the finer details and problem solve. You’re analytical and have keen organizational and accounting skills to boot. Do you ask questions and go the extra mile with every task? Are you known far and wide for your perfectionism? Well then, you’ll probably rock this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Daily credit card reconciliation & receipts management
- Daily supplier (A/P) invoice data entry into G/L
- Expense report printing, auditing and posting entries into G/L
- Month-end journal entry preparation
- Prepare client invoices
- General filing, and organizing and coordinating documents
- Communicate and follow up with vendors and accounts
- Prepare analyses of accounts and produce weekly, monthly reporting
- Other administrative duties and special projects as required
What you bring to the table:
- Certificate or diploma in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent experience with basic accounting principles
- Basic knowledge of automated reporting and accounting systems
- In depth knowledge Microsoft suite specifically Excel and Word
- Ability to work solo and as part of a team to produce exceptional results
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Tight organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].