Civilized is the leading lifestyle brand and multiplatform media company that connects millions of cannabis consumers, influencers and the canna-curious with both niche and mainstream content, events and experiences, and fashion. Founded by entrepreneur Derek Riedle, Civilized is fast becoming the partner of choice for mainstream brands, and the cultural authority on the exploding global cannabis space.
As a result of this rapid growth, Civilized is now seeking an Event Lead. We need a savvy Event Lead who specializes in lifestyle, wellness and/or sporting activation events. You’ll be an ace at partnering with big industry players and managing strategic relationships to showcase the best of the best experiences to the Civilized audience. You’ll thrive in a fast paced environment and have a deep understanding and passion for melding brand and experience. Your greatest joy will most likely be found in launching memorable experiences that audiences want to return to again and again.
The role will be based in our Venice, California office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage all event productions aspects including venue, permit and vendor procurement, and operations
- Work collaboratively with the sales team to fulfill sponsorship benefits
- Work collaboratively with other departments to drive content development and creative/design production to plan promotional strategies
- Work with the Director, Events and Experiences in California to manage key stakeholder relationships (sponsors and speakers)
- Coordinate audio visual, staging and technical requirements
- Lead event specific software and social media activations
- Maintain event staffing and support schedule
- Produce weekly metric reports including budget and post event reports, evaluating ROI
- Prepare and order marketing material and collateral for events
What You bring to the table:
- Degree or diploma in Communication, event management or other related field OR equivalent experience
- At least 5 years producing, managing and planning wellness or sporting events across multiple locations
- Extraordinary attention to detail while working under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication
- High level team management skills
- Extremely organized
- Collaborative and team oriented approach
In addition to a terrific team of people and supportive structure, Civilized offers a great compensation package.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].