Director, Strategic Partnerships
Toronto, ON and Venice, CA
Civilized is a premium media and lifestyle brand that embraces and highlights modern cannabis culture, reflecting the millions of motivated, productive adults who choose to enjoy cannabis as part of a balanced lifestyle. Civilized entertains, informs and engages a North American-wide audience with insightful editorial, in-depth interviews, pop culture updates, trending news and entertainment coverage. We are growing quickly with the help of top talent, investors and board members from Vanity Fair, Details Magazine, Playboy Enterprises and Live Nation.
As a result of this rapid growth, Civilized is now seeking two Directors, Strategic Partnerships to pursue and acquire new business relationships at the highest level.
These senior leadership roles are based out of our Toronto, Ontario office and our Venice, California office and work closely with our head office team in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada.
The Director, Strategic Partnerships is responsible for seeking out and developing key relationships that will provide reciprocal value for all parties. The candidate awarded this position will be measured by their success at not only increasing revenue – but the quality of key relationships, as part of Civilized’s efforts to grow its client and partnership roster.
Key responsibilities include:
- Personally delivers against a specific sales revenue target for a comprehensive list of priority accounts and agencies across a wide range of sectors
- Powerfully articulates and presents Civilized opportunities in the marketplace and creates exemplary and innovative integrated marketing programs for brand partners
- Actively drives productive relationships at key clients and agencies by helping craft best-in-class strategies customized for each unique sales opportunity
- Collaborates internally with all stakeholders to develop and close brand partnerships with key clients
- Provides meaningful marketplace feedback on Civilized’s offerings including brand perception, programs, and ad capabilities
- Drives revenue goals while maintaining a responsible, respectful and team-oriented approach toward the internal support organization
- Champions new business opportunities and pioneers breakthrough brand partnerships that contribute to bottom line profitability
- Offers clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively and accurately updating the pipeline and communicating via weekly sales status reports and ongoing team cadence
- Drives the highest levels of client service by helping manage the pre- and post-sales client facing processes
- Achieves and maintains subject matter expertise on digital content/sales, custom content, advertiser best practices, industry trends, social media metrics, etc.
What You bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Sales, Marketing, or related field required
- Eight years experience in digital media sales within an entertainment/media company or ad agency
- Experience working with content development/branded entertainment agencies
- Previous successful experience calling directly on digital advertising clients and/or agencies, specifically for partnerships/sponsor marketing programs
- Ability to source and synthesize data/analytics/intelligence and social media metrics to reinforce brand narrative goals and drive sales
- Millennial marketing and sales experience preferred; cross-cultural audience and sales experience a plus
- Proven experience in building senior level client and agency relationships
- Experience in mobile advertising
- Powerful sales, presentation and communication skill sets
- Strong negotiating skills with an understanding of sponsorship methodology and metrics including media, social valuations and transaction currencies
- Strong interpersonal capabilities
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and clients
- Creative self-starter
- Hands-on approach to building business at all levels
- Exceptional team player interested in working as part of a highly coordinated, focused and creative organization
- Strong client relationships and key industry contacts
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote required
- Willingness to travel as needed (domestic and international)
- Willingness to work additional hours as needed
- Passionate about new, innovative content and marketing experiences
In addition to a terrific team of people and supportive structure, Civilized offers a great compensation package.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by May 1, 2018.