Civilized is a premium media and lifestyle brand that embraces and highlights modern cannabis culture, reflecting the millions of adults who choose to enjoy cannabis as part of a balanced lifestyle. Civilized entertains, informs and engages a North American-wide audience with insightful editorial, in-depth interviews, pop culture updates, trending news and entertainment coverage. We are growing quickly with the help of top talent, investors and board members from Vanity Fair, Details Magazine, Playboy Enterprises and Live Nation.
As a result of this rapid growth, Civilized is now seeking a Director, Social Media Strategy to work out of our Venice, California or Saint John, NB (Canada) offices.
The Director, Social Media Strategy will lead the Civilized social media team to increase engagement, grow brand awareness and strengthen affinity across all platforms. You will work closely with our Chief Content Officer, Director of Audience Acquisition, Senior Director of Brand Strategy and Director of Communications.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic and analytical social media expert with a proven track record of driving performance and inspiring brand love. The role is charged with leading the strategy, ideation and execution Civilized’s social content and paid media strategy. The right candidate will be ‘social first’ in their thinking, understanding that brands must engage their own audiences effectively before they can scale brand storytelling.
The role also encompasses a strong people/team management capability, involving the management of multiple Social Media Managers across our offices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing and continuously evolving a social media strategy that grows Civilized brand affinity, engagement, reach, audience and, as a result, conversion
- Managing the social strategy execution for all Civilized campaigns, content and projects
- Working closely with the marketing and communications teams, ensuring social is thoughtfully factored into partnerships, events and campaigns
- Measuring resuts and reporting on social campaign performance
- Collaborating with the Director of Audience Acquisition in leading the analysis of qualitative and quantitative social data
- Identifying and implementing software tools
- Reviewing target audience performance and strategizing new targeting tactics
- Recommending tactics to optimizate content
- Developing guidelines around posting cadence
- Managing a team of four to six direct reports who execute daily posting, manage a content calendar, and engage with all community conversation
- Managing the social media team budget and resourcing
- Managing external agency relationships (paid and creative) to drive the brand
- Reporting on and reacting to all developments in the digital landscape
- Collaborating closely with other business peers to participate in, and actively contribute to, organizational strategic planning and major initiatives
What you bring to the table:
- 5 years of experience leading social/digital marketing, with proven examples of strategies developed for well-known brands in the social media space
- Experience leading and developing social-only or social-at-the-core projects
- Experience managing a multi-office social strategy team in a digital agency or marketing environment
- A strategic understanding of business with the ability to connect business challenges and social strategy/tactics
- Experience working with influencers and social partners to increase reach
- Strong knowledge in paid social media
- Ability to build strong relationships and work effectively, proactively and seamlessly with a large team
- Superior presentation and communication skills, with experience presenting to Senior and VP-level executives
- Strong storytelling skills with the ability to communicate complex strategic campaign concepts in streamlined, logical and well-designed decks
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline-driven environment
- A familiarity with native analytics and insights tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- A fluency in social measurement tools including but not limited to social listening (Listen First), social analytics (Google Analytics, Trackmaven, Curalate, Tailwind, etc.)
In addition to a terrific team of people and supportive structure, Civilized offers a great compensation package.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].