Director, Audience Acquisition
Civilized is a premium media and lifestyle brand that embraces and highlights modern cannabis culture, reflecting the millions of motivated, productive adults who choose to enjoy cannabis as part of a balanced lifestyle. Civilized entertains, informs and engages a North American-wide audience with insightful editorial, in-depth interviews, pop culture updates, trending news and entertainment coverage. We are growing quickly with the help of top talent, investors and board members from Vanity Fair, Details Magazine, Playboy Enterprises and Live Nation.
As a result of this rapid growth, Civilized is now seeking a Director, Audience Acquisition to propel our signature brand to an ever-growing audience through innovative, multi-platform channels.
This senior leadership role is based out of our Venice, California office and works closely with our head office team in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada.
The Director, Audience Acquisition is responsible for developing and implementing strategy for audience growth activities across all channels. The successful candidate will be measured by his or her success at increasing audience size, engagement, activation and loyalty.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understanding consumer behavior, their needs and media use, and applying those insights to enable the organization to refine or create digital media products, platforms and brands that better connect passionate enthusiasts and clients in the areas we serve
- Working in close partnership with the social strategist, editorial director and partnership teams, providing information, perspective and leadership to influence each group’s content and monetization strategies across platforms
- Building positive, collaborative and productive working relationships across internal departments including content, research, sales, marketing and operations
- Supporting monetization strategy for all digital audience channels
- Delivering inspiring actionable insights and recommendations to sales, marketing and editorial teams (rooted in robust data)
- Demonstrating a clear expertise in general audience development methodology and skills, establishing sufficient authority and value to be a trusted thought leader in the areas of email, search, social, data and analytics
- Understanding company strategies and objectives and delivering strategic leadership that demonstrably helps the business achieve its goals
- Monitoring and analyzing relevant competitor activity – staying abreast of the external context, market developments and trends – and proactively evolving strategies and output in response to these
- Maintaining high standards of presentation, including the development of new or imaginative ways of using or communicating data and insights
What you bring to the table:
- A proven record of translating analytics and data into actionable strategies to drive audience and revenue growth
- A demonstrable ability to influence decision-making within an organization, and in a variety of contexts
- Excellent presentation, communication, and time management skills
- In-depth knowledge of audience analytics, data, measurement, methodologies and industry standards
- An ability to manage partners and teams to deliver clear objectives
- A clear passion for media and the use of data to inform the direction of its products, platforms and brands
- An ability to look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions
- An ability to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience
In addition to a terrific team of people and supportive structure, Civilized offers a great compensation package.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by May 1, 2018.