Civilized is a premium media and lifestyle brand that embraces and highlights modern cannabis culture, reflecting the millions of adults who choose to enjoy cannabis as part of a balanced lifestyle. Civilized entertains, informs and engages a North American-wide audience with insightful editorial, in-depth interviews, pop culture updates, trending news and entertainment coverage. We are growing quickly with the help of top talent, investors and board members from Vanity Fair, Details Magazine, Playboy Enterprises and Live Nation.
As a result of this rapid growth, Civilized is now seeking a Development Assistant, Civilized Studios to support the creative development team.
First and foremost, we need someone with exceptional project management skills and a positive, can-do, solutions-driven attitude.
Ultimately, you will work each day to keep all studio projects on track - budgets, timelines and troubleshooting any issues that arise.
The role will be based in our Venice, California office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct research and talent outreach
- Manage phones, calendars, schedules and conference calls
- Manage and track freelance consultants/editors who work on various projects
- Schedule pitches and internal coordination while maintaining detailed records
- Create documents such as buyer and agent lists
- Edit pitch materials and proof-read decks
- Manage all production calendars and help ensure assets are approved in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Prepare POs for all production related charges, expenses (work alongside Production and Accounting)
- Special projects as required
What You bring to the table:
- College degree or diploma preferred
- Minimum 2 – 3 years administrative/coordinator experience at senior management level within entertainment or media industries
- Agency or network experience preferred
- An adaptable and assertive attitude
- Exceptional time management and organizational abilities
- Strong people skills including ability to work with executives, assistants and staff of all levels
- A clear sense of urgency, and ability to complete tasks accurately and efficiently
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly
- Ability to anticipate needs, be proactive, resourceful and flexible
- Ability to simultaneously handle individual tasks while maintaining perspective on the bigger picture
- Strong digital asset management
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro
In addition to a terrific team of people and supportive structure, Civilized offers a great compensation package.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].