Saint John, NB
We’re looking for an associate editor to join the civilized.life content team.
We’re a digital publishing platform dedicated to changing attitudes toward cannabis culture. Our content challenges stereotypes and breaks down stigmas surrounding cannabis use by offering elevated perspectives for today’s sophisticated cannabis consumer. We cover business development, innovation, wellness, travel, culture and the pursuit of social justice in relation to cannabis as well as other issues and events that matter to today’s consumers. We cover the faces, stories and voices of active, ambitious, thoughtful, responsible adults who choose to make cannabis part of their healthy lifestyle.
We are looking for a creative, adaptive, and intelligent person to join our team as an associate editor. The ideal candidate has experience as a journalist and storyteller on digital platforms. Someone who has used written as well as video and audio storytelling tools and is willing to learn about new and dynamic ways to shape engaging content that is compelling and shareable across social media networks.
- Arrange, conduct and transcribe interviews in order to develop original content on cannabis as well as other topics that matter to today’s cannabis consumer
- Research political current issues and events in order to develop thought-provoking commentaries that drive the conversation around cannabis culture
- Manage an international team of freelancers that will report on current events, interview prominent influencers and experts, or contribute regular columns to civilized.life
- Collaborate with the editorial team to develop ideas for feature stories, series and columns as well as brainstorming new directions to take our growing company
- Monitor social sites for ideas, trends and themes that will inform and generate content
- Write headlines, use SEO tools and perform related tasks to optimize the reach of each article
Required Experience and Skillsets:
- A history of publishing news and feature stories for media outlets, preferably online
- A knack for writing clearly, efficiently and quickly
- A familiarity with telling stories in print, video and audio formats
- A passion for current events and topical issues as well as strong judgment for assessing newsworthy events
- A competitive drive to write posts that people love and share
- A creative, curious disposition
- Exceptional organization and time-management
- An ability to juggle multiple assignments
- A sense of humor
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].