Two-Week-Old Puppy Hospitalized For Suspected Cannabis Overdose

A two-week-old puppy named Panda was admitted to a veterinary hospital this morning when he suffered severe twitching. The suspected culprit of the dog's illness is a cannabis overdose.

"At the moment, we can only guess what is wrong with him as we have no history or background information," said a spokesman from the Rescue Me Animal Sanctuary in the UK. "But given his symptoms and his smell we are highly suspecting intoxication of cannabis."

This isn't the first time that a pet has gotten into cannabis. In fact, there has been a lot of buzz over the past few years around the benefits of cannabis for pets. It can be an effective treatment for inflammation in pets that have suffered injuries. And it can also help with anxiety management just as it helps humans cope with stress. Medical marijuana is supported by some veterinarians, and legalizing it for veterinary-prescription has been on the political agenda in states like New York.

But despite the growing base of support for medical-pet-marijuana, the story of Panda is a warning of the potential dangers as well. The two-week-old puppy was admitted to a vet in the UK when he began suffering form severe twitching. A spokesperson for Rescue Me Animal Sanctuary where Panda is being treated said they can only hope that he will recover.

"We are really hoping that, with some medication and lots of feeds, we can flush his system of any toxins but only time will tell."

So for your pet's sake, make sure to keep your cannabis out of reach.

Latest.

In the age of the internet, any schmo off the street could probably name you every superhero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Every old lady and her dog can provide their hot take on the ongoing Kirk v. Picard debate.