Civilized has partnered with PSB this year to conduct a survey of over 1,600 North American adults to explore modern cannabis culture. We had one question in mind for the people who don't consume cannabis, and that was 'have you ever?'
As it turns out, for a lot of people the answer to that question is yes. The results are cut pretty close to the centre, with 43% of people saying they've used cannabis at least once. That's a reasonable jump up from the 38% of non-consumers who claimed to have tried the stuff. But even though the gap is closing, the amount of people who have never used cannabis still holds the majority at 55%.
The results in Canada are similar. 40% said they had tried cannabis, and 58% said they hadn't. With nationwide legalization on the horizon for Canada and the ever-expanding legality of cannabis in the US, it'll be interesting to see how these numbers change over the next few years.
Read more from our series of stories on The 2018 Civilized Cannabis Culture Poll:
- Apple Bongs and Other Improvised Pipes Are More Common than Dabs and Topicals
- 1 in 3 Non-Consumers Are Curious About Trying Cannabis in the United States
- From Driving to Sex, Most Consumers Don't Think Cannabis Impairs Their Performance
- Meet the Average Canadian Marijuana Smoker
- Meet the Average American Marijuana Smoker
- Less Than 1 In 5 Americans Oppose Marijuana Reform
- Most Cannabis Consumers Spend More On Charity Donations Than Marijuana Every Year
- The Market For Cannabis Topicals Is Set To Explode
- 3 Out of 4 Americans Believe Marijuana Has Medical Benefits
- Here's How Most Cannabis Consumers Get High