Civilized has partnered with PSB this year to conduct a survey of over 1,600 North American adults to explore modern cannabis culture. One of the many things we discovered was that if you smoke weed, you probably also like horror movies.
We all know that the relationship between cannabis users and comedies is something special - you know, since there's that whole 'stoner comedy' thing - but we're well-rounded people with broad tastes. Most cannabis users enjoy horror films too, according to our poll, with 54% of people saying they like a good fright. Canadian consumers are a little less likely to go for a scare than Americans though, as only 43% said they enjoy horror films.
Cannabis users on both sides of the border are also more likely to watch documentaries than non-consumers. So that dispels stereotypes of the dim-witted stoner, doesn't it?
Banner Image: kodachrome25/Getty Images
Read more from our series of stories on The 2018 Civilized Cannabis Culture Poll:
- Apple Bongs and Other Improvised Pipes Are More Common than Dabs and Topicals
- 1 in 3 Non-Consumers Are Curious About Trying Cannabis in the United States
- From Driving to Sex, Most Consumers Don't Think Cannabis Impairs Their Performance
- Meet the Average Canadian Marijuana Smoker
- Meet the Average American Marijuana Smoker
- Less Than 1 In 5 Americans Oppose Marijuana Reform
- Most Cannabis Consumers Spend More On Charity Donations Than Marijuana Every Year
- The Market For Cannabis Topicals Is Set To Explode
- 3 Out of 4 Americans Believe Marijuana Has Medical Benefits
- Here's How Most Cannabis Consumers Get High