Here's something you can 'love react' - cannabis consumers spend a lot of time on social media.
Civilized recently partnered with PSB to conduct a survey of more than 1,600 North American adults to explore modern cannabis culture. As part of that survey, we asked about their social media habits. Facebook is far and away the most popular platform. 79 percent of U.S. users and 81 percent of Canadian users check Facebook every day, versus 68 percent of U.S. non-users and 71 percent of Canadian non-users.
The next most-used site was video sharing platform YouTube, with 59 percent of U.S. users and 60 percent of Canadian users checking in every day. Which makes sense: Cannabis users love watching TV and movies when they're high, and YouTube provides everything from cat videos to lectures to "Big Lebowski" clips and classic sports moments at the click of a mouse.
While those were the most popular social media platforms by some distance, there were some other interesting tidbits.
Most interesting were the results for networking platform LinkedIn - 14 percent of US users checked it every day, versus only 7 percent of U.S. non-users. So much for the stereotypical lazy cannabis user...
Also a favorite of cannabis consumers? Multimedia messaging app Snapchat. 27 percent of U.S. users and Canadian users snap every day - versus only 9 percent of U.S. non-users and 7 percent of Canadian users. Something about the time-sensitive, ephemeral nature of the app really resonates with marijuana fans.
No word, however, on who's still using Myspace.
Civilized partnered with PSB to conduct a survey of more than 1,600 North American adults to explore modern cannabis culture. PSB is a world renowned global strategic communications advisory based in Washington D.C. With roots in innovative political campaign strategy, PSB is a full-service research and insights agency engaging blue-chip organizations across all sectors.
Read more from our series of stories on the 2017 Civilized Cannabis Culture Poll:
- Here's Who Canadians And Americans Don't Want Using Cannabis
- Poll Shows Cannabis Consumers Defy Stereotypes, Exercise More Than Non-Users
- If You're A Cannabis User, You're More Likely To...
- Joints And Blunts Are Still The Most Popular Way To Get High, Poll Finds
- 420 Things You Didn't Know About 420
- Why 420? The Story Behind Marijuana's Biggest Day
- Survey Says: A Healthy And Active Life Includes Cannabis
- Poll Shows Trump Administration Is Out Of Step With Public Opinion On The Safety Of Marijuana
- 74 Percent Of Republican Voters Think Some Form of Cannabis Should Be Legal, Says Poll
- Millions Of Americans May Not Know Cannabis Is Illegal In Their State, Our Poll Shows