Keeping your dry herb vaporizer pen clean is key to continuously getting clean, flavorful puffs each time you use it. Also, any residue from old flowers inside the herb chamber can harshen the taste of vapors and possibly damage the heating element or other components, which can hinder its performance and even make it unsafe to use.
We recommend cleaning your herbal vape pen about once a week, but your preferences may dictate that you clean it more or less often than that. There are many different types of herbal vaporizers on the market, and here we discuss the best way to clean your basic dry herb vape pen.
1. Dissasemble your herbal vaporizer. Most dry herb vape pens consist of a battery, mouthpiece, and heating chamber. You should get to know and give attention to each piece separately when you're cleaning yours.
2. Empty out any loose herb remaining in the heating chamber by gently tapping out the contents. You should do this over an ashtray, table, or a shallow receptacle you don't mind sifting through - rather than a trash bin - as many dry herb vape pens have a small screen in the heating chamber that you don't want to lose.
3. Use the small cleaning brush that came with your vape pen or a Q-tip to gently brush away any remaining packed cannabis or vaporized residue from the sides of the heating chamber. Also remove any clogged particles you can from the screen inside the chamber as well. Do not use rubbing alcohol or water to clean the inside of your vaporizer's heating chamber, as it can damage the device's compact wiring, and be very careful not to disturb the warming coil or your pen will be useless.
4. Clear out the inside if the mouthpiece in the same way with a dab tool or Q-tip and then wipe away any dirt from the outside with a cotton ball or cloth. Some mouthpieces can be soaked in isopropyl alcohol and rinsed with hot water, but check your user's manual first to make sure it's OK for your particular pen.
5. Inspect the battery and wipe away any residue of dirt to ensure a clear, unobstructed connection.
6. Reassemble your dry herb vaporizer pen and wipe down the outside with a cotton cloth (dampened with water or rubbing alcohol if you choose) and you're done!