Acquiring Cannabis in New Hampshire

While recreational laws within the state of New Hampshire will be up for review in 2017, the only legal way to currently acquire cannabis within the state is with a medical marijuana card.

Residents of New Hampshire may only acquire a medical marijuana card if they suffer from one or more the health conditions defined by the New Hampshire Department of Health. While the list may receive additional conditions in the future, the current list of eligible conditions includes: ALS, Alzheimer's disease, cachexia, cancer, chemotherapy-induced anorexia, chronic, pancreatitis, Crohn's disease, elevated intraocular pressure, epilepsy, glaucoma, hepatitis C (currently receiving antiviral treatment), HIV/AIDS, lupus, moderate to severe vomiting, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, nausea, Parkinson's disease, persistent muscle spasms
seizures, severe pain (that has not responded to previously prescribed medication), spinal cord injury or disease, traumatic brain injury, or wasting syndrome.

Once a patient is diagnosed by a licensed physician with one or more of the conditions listed above, they must then have their medical records, as well as their application, submitted by their physician.

Instead of dispensaries, the state of New Hampshire has four appointed Alternative Treatment Centers (ATC). Once a patient has received their medical marijuana card they must choose one ATC to receive treatment from, and are not permitted to purchase cannabis from any other ATC.

Patients with medical marijuana cards are permitted to purchase up to two ounces of medical marijuana, however, the home cultivation of cannabis plants is not permitted.

With recreational laws up for review in 2017, it is highly likely that all laws regarding cannabis, including medicinal cannabis, will undergo a transition in the near future. For this reason, it is important to stay up to date on all cannabis laws prior to purchasing or consuming to avoid federal action.


Adrienne, a budtender at the Higher Path Collective in Los Angeles, is used to dealing with customers who might be too high. Whether they come into the dispensary confused about what they want to buy, or they're calling in when they eat too much of an edible, Adrienne knows just what to say to help them calm down. A word of advice: Never eat the whole edible, if you're not sure how it will affect you.

Can we see some ID please?

You must be 19 years of age or older to enter.