Canada, sometimes known as America’s hat, is known for things like having a queen and being incredibly nice and for having a lot of snow. But despite being only a tiny fraction of the world’s population, there are some surprising ways in which Canada leads the rest of the world, even the exceptional Americans.
Here are 6 ways Canada is leading the rest of the world:
- Starbucks locations. Sure, it’s a coffee shop chain started in America, but Canadians love coffee, and nowhere is that more evidenced than in the number of Starbucks locations per capita.
- Highly educated adults. Perhaps due to the added productivity that constantly being hopped up on coffee brings, more than half of the adult population of Canada has at least a graduate degree.
- Asteroid Impacts. This one makes sense if you think about it. Canada may have a tiny population, but they have a massive land mass. All that property makes for a nice landing pad for asteroids.
- Sustainable tourism. Canada has thousands of square miles of untouched wilderness that can be visited by tourists.
- Maple Syrup. 70% of the world’s syrup comes from Canada.
- Using the poop emoji. Canadians just love their poop, apparently. The residents of the great white north share the googly-eyed brown emoji at nearly twice the frequency of other countries.
So shine on you maple syrup smelling, hopped up on caffeine, poop-loving, college graduates. Canada may be small, but it’s leading the world in the ways that matter.