With the ever-burgeoning legalization movement has come a tsunami of inventive and elaborate new instruments for cannabis consumption.
It turns out you can’t beat a classic, however.
A survey by Civilized and PSB of 1,600 North American adults found that a good old-fashioned joint (or blunt) is still the most popular way to get high; more so than pipes, edibles, bongs, vaporizers and tinctures.
In the U.S., 52 percent of respondents put joints and blunts at the top of their list, compared to 45 percent for pipes, 27 percent for edibles, 21 percent for bongs, 20 percent for vaporizers, 14 percent for oils/tinctures/capsules, 12 percent for topical creams and three percent for the mysterious “other.”
In Canada, joints and blunts were even more popular, with 68 percent of respondents making them their top pick. This was followed by 32 percent for pipes, 27 percent for edibles, 26 percent for bongs, 21 percent for vaporizers, 14 percent for oils/tinctures/capsules, six percent for topical creams and four percent for “other.”
While it’s unclear what “others” respondents were referring to, it’s safe to say we’re interested in trying them. But not more interested than we are in joints and blunts – obviously.
Civilized partnered with PSB to conduct a survey of more than 1,600 North American adults to explore modern cannabis culture. PSB is a world renowned global strategic communication
Read more from our series of stories on the 2017 Civilized Cannabis Culture Poll:
- Here's Who Canadians And Americans Don't Want Using Cannabis
- Poll Shows Cannabis Consumers Defy Stereotypes, Exercise More Than Non-Users
- If You're A Cannabis User, You're More Likely To...
- 420 Things You Didn't Know About 420
- Why 420? The Story Behind Marijuana's Biggest Day
- Survey Says: A Healthy And Active Life Includes Cannabis
- Poll Shows Trump Administration Is Out Of Step With Public Opinion On The Safety Of Marijuana
- 74 Percent Of Republican Voters Think Some Form of Cannabis Should Be Legal, Says Poll
- Millions Of Americans May Not Know Cannabis Is Illegal In Their State, Our Poll Shows
- Our Poll Gives The Cannabis-Cinema Combo Two Thumbs Up
- Like And Share: Cannabis Consumers Are Social Media Mavens
- Our New Poll Reveals Who Is Hiding Their Cannabis Use From You
- Poll Shows Jeff Sessions Is Out Of Touch With Americans On Cannabis
- Our Poll Shows Everyone Wants To Smoke Up With Snoop, Not Many Want To Toke With Trump
- Cannabis Users Lead Much More Active Social Lives Than Non-Users, Poll Shows
- New Cannabis Culture Poll Debunks Stereotypes, Shows Overwhelming Support for Legalization