Cannabis and cinema? Marijuana consumers give that combination two thumbs up.
In the new Civilized and PSB poll of 1,600 North Americans, we asked cannabis consumers in the US and Canada what they like to do during a sesh. At the top of the list? Watching TV or a movie - 62 percent of American consumers and 57 percent of Canadian consumers like to catch up on a series or revisit a cinema classic during their post-bong bliss.
Close behind was listening to music (54 percent of American consumers, 55 percent of Canadian consumers) and hanging out with friends (43 percent of American consumers and 56 percent of Canadian consumers - guess Canadians really are nicer).
As for what type of film and television cannabis consumers prefer, the results give us an idea. Giggle-inducing comedies top the list (69 percent of American consumers, 72 percent of Canadian consumers), followed closely by action/adventure movies (68 percent of American consumers, 59 percent of Canadian consumers).
Interestingly, it seems that marijuana users are far more likely to enjoy horror films than non-users: 47 percent of American users and 42 percent of Canadian viewers like to queue up a frightfest, versus only 28 percent of American non-users and 25 percent of Canadian non-users.
Looking for something to spark up and enjoy? Here are a few cannabis classics to enjoy on 4/20:
- Why 'Dazed and Confused' Transcends The Stoner Stereotype (iTunes)
- Seth Rogen Says Dave Chappelle's 'Half Baked' Is The Best Cannabis Comedy (iTunes)
- Ice Cube Explains Why His Film 'Friday' Is A Stoner Comedy With A Purpose (iTunes)
- Was The Monkees Movie 'Head' Any Good?
- What They're Really Smoking In Your Favorite Movies And TV Shows
Civilized partnered with PSB to conduct a survey of more than 1,600 North American adults to explore modern cannabis culture. PSB is a world renowned global strategic communications advisory based in Washington D.C. With roots in innovative political campaign strategy, PSB is a full-service research and insights agency engaging blue-chip organizations across all sectors.
Read more from our series of stories on the 2017 Civilized Cannabis Culture Poll:
- Here's Who Canadians And Americans Don't Want Using Cannabis
- Poll Shows Cannabis Consumers Defy Stereotypes, Exercise More Than Non-Users
- If You're A Cannabis User, You're More Likely To...
- Joints And Blunts Are Still The Most Popular Way To Get High, Poll Finds
- 420 Things You Didn't Know About 420
- Why 420? The Story Behind Marijuana's Biggest Day
- Survey Says: A Healthy And Active Life Includes Cannabis
- Poll Shows Trump Administration Is Out Of Step With Public Opinion On The Safety Of Marijuana
- 74 Percent Of Republican Voters Think Some Form of Cannabis Should Be Legal, Says Poll
- Millions Of Americans May Not Know Cannabis Is Illegal In Their State, Our Poll Shows